At xtreme carbon, we choose to build products out of carbon fibre due to its high strength, low weight, and our ability to fine tune the performance of the end product. However, as with all performance products, special care and maintenance are required to ensure your wheels continue to perform to the highest standard and safely for many years to come.
We recommend that you have your wheels serviced every 12 months, as a general rule it is best to have the wheel servicing completed prior to the race season commences to ensure your wheels continue to perform to the highest standard. Xtreme Carbon provides servicing which includes the following
- Spoke re-tensioning
- Wheel re-truing
- Bearing maintenance which includes repacking of grease and bearing replacement
- Clean and polish
To arrange a service please go our accessories page, select a service and proceed to the checkout. Please note that all shipping to and from the xtreme carbon workshop is at the owner’s expense. We recommend retaining the xtreme carbon box you received the wheels in for ongoing shipping and transportation.
Before shipping your wheels to us please follow these instructions:
- Bare wheel to be sent – NO rim tape, cassettes, tyres, tubes, skewers
- Protect your wheel with bubble wrap – No Packing Peanuts to be used
- Package up your wheel ready to postage – send as fragile
- Xtreme Carbon is not responsible for any loss or damage to – cassettes, tyres, tubes, skewers rim tape that are left on the wheel
We will notify you once the wheels are received at our workshop for servicing and when they are being returned. General turnaround time from when the wheels are received is 5 working days, please allow time for postage.
Before each ride, inspect your rims’ braking surfaces and brake pads to confirm they are free from:
- Excessive pad compound build-up
- Fibre lifting or peeling from the brake track
- Brake pads are free of debris and not worn beyond the wear indicators
- Any irregularity that is new since your last ride
If you notice any of these conditions during your pre-ride inspection, do not ride on the affected wheel and contact us at email@example.com for further assistance and guidance.
While we pride ourselves on the durability and toughness of our wheels, they are not indestructible. In our sport, crashes, and impacts against debris, pot holes, rocks, and roots are inevitable. Each time you crash or experience a memorable impact, thoroughly inspect your wheels. Carefully examine all rim surfaces to ensure that there are no cracks, chips, or fibre peels. If impact damage occurs under normal riding circumstances which causes concern please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss available options.
General Care & Maintenance
Some general maintenance should be followed to ensure your wheels continue looking like the performance products that they are.
- Regularly wash your rims with a mild soap and water. A clean rim not only looks better but is easier to inspect for damage.
- Store your wheels in a dry location.
- Ensure the wheels are dry after a wet ride or wash
- Store your wheels away from direct sunlight as UV light can discolour resin over time.
- When you change your tyres, have your wheels inspected for trueness and spoke tension. A properly built wheel will not require re-tensioning or truing any more frequently than the intervals at which you change your tyres.
- When installing and removing tyres, use tyres levers as a last resort. Never use metal levers, screw drivers, kitchen knives, or any object other than a plastic tyre lever.
- To clean and remove tubular glue from a carbon rim, use acetone or alcohol. Never use a metal object such as skewers, kitchen knives, screwdrivers, or metal tyre levers to scrape glue from carbon rims.
- Glazed brake pads may be refreshed using a file to remove the glazing and restore the original surface finish. Pads must be replaced when they are worn beyond the wear indicator.
When in doubt, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Refunds & Returns
If an item is deemed unsuitable for its intended use for any reason as covered by Australian Consumer Law, please contact us via email as soon as practically possible to see if we can organise an alternative arrangement before the returns process takes place.
You have 30 days from the date that the goods are delivered in which to make the return.
In the event your return does not meet our returns policy, we will notify you. At which point, you will have the option of collecting the item from our South Coast Warehouse, or we can ship to you at a $100.00 charge.
Your return must be received with all original packaging intact and must be fit for resale as new. We strongly suggest using a parcel service that is trackable and requires a signature on delivery. Xtreme Carbon will not be held liable for any goods lost in transit.