It’s race week here in Jervis Bay, and the countdown is on! There are only 2 days to go until Jervis Bay hosts the first Long Course Weekend to be held outside of Wales. The full long course involves a 3.8km swim on Friday, a 180km bike ride on Saturday and a 42.2km run on Sunday. What’s not to love? Unfortunately, the event is sold out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t come down to Huskisson to watch the competitors and enjoy the festive atmosphere. Xtreme Carbon will be there exhibiting our triathlon wheels and chatting to familiar faces, so be sure to come along and say hello!
Event Info Quick Facts
- When: Competition dates Friday 27th October – Sunday 29th October
- Where: Jervis Bay, NSW (Huskisson and Nowra – view full course info here)
- Swim Day: 750m, 1.5km, 1.9km and 3.8km swims
- Bike Day: 20km, 40 km, 90km and 180km rides
- Run Day: 5km, 10km, 21.1km and 42.2km runs
Interesting Long Course Facts
- 55% of all entries are female athletes.
- 200 out of approximately 1000 entrants are expected to attempt the full long course
- This event will make history being the first ever long course weekend to be held in Australia!
- Sea temperatures are expected to be between 17 and 20 degrees
- The bike ride will start and finish at the University of Wollongong, Shoalhaven Campus in Nowra. Take in the scenery of Nowra Hill before a different kind of finish back at UOW!